A Design Engineer is required with knowledge and experience of designing consumer/domestic plastics and engineering experience of 3D CAD. Candidates with experience of plastic injection moulding for the domestic market would be well received.
This company, an instantly recognizable brand, based in Birmingham, West Midlands requires a skilled Design Engineer with experience of developing innovative ideas for new plastic injection moulded domestic products, for a new permanent role.
As a Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Respond to briefs from Commercial Department for product specifications.
- Develop drawings to obtain design approval.
- Test and evaluate competitor products, prototype and test new products, analyse performance to improve product design.
The Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of designing new products on 3D CAD.
- A relevant degree, Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Bachelor of Engineering (BEng).
- Experience of designing components and domestic products for plastic injection moulding.
- Ideally Siemens NX experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of design engineering within the domestic plastics industry to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Birmingham-based engineering company will offer you a competitive salary, negotiable circa £25-30k depending on experience.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Design Engineering and Consumer/Domestic Plastic Injection Moulding and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Engineer role, please contact Claire Male at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446131.