Our client, who are a leading global supplier of automotive components and systems and are now looking for a number of Design Engineers to join their team.
Known for having one of the highest retention rates for staff they offer long term opportunities for candidates with the right fit.
Main Function / Purpose of role
- Creating design data together with the engineering team to ensure that product designs are manufacturing and tool feasible.
- Ensuring that design solutions meet the program specification requirements.
Scope of role
- Creating the CAD data according the inputs given by product engineering & customer data.
- Cooperate with PDT to achieve design feasibility.
- Ensures that product designs consider: Design for assembly, Design for manufacture, Quality functional deployment, Finite element analysis data, Dimensional variation analysis (in conjunction with DVA specialist).
- Support PDT in engineering changes.
- Creates additional data sets as required by the program e.g. 2D drawing, section book, visualization files, exploded views etc
- Pulling out and archiving CAD data into internal and customer based data applications (e.g. PDM systems)
- Participates in design review meetings
- Support all general activities within his / her scope of work
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
- Bachelor degree in design/Automotive/Engineering, or equivalent vocational related experience
- Experience in automotive interior design. Experience working on automotive door programs would be beneficial.
- Experience using Catia V5 system related to automotive interior design.
- Working knowledge of role-related technical skills: GD&T, DFM, DFA, CAE/FEA
- Knowledge of customer requirements and manufacturing product and processes.
- Experience in surface development desirable.
- Knowledge in plastic engineering tooling and manufacturing
- In-depth knowledge of company product and manufacturing processes.