Attractive + Benefits
over 1 year ago
Design Engineer - Gloucester - Defence Systems - Permanent - Attractive
A Design Engineer is required to join the Engineering Team within a market leading Innovative Technology Company that specialise Communication Systems for Military and Government Organisations.
The successful Design Engineer will design and detail mechanical solutions in line with Product Design Specifications and relevant standards, complete cable drawings, compiling BoM's, assist with prototype build tasks. The Design Engineer will document the design information for formal release to manufacture.
The Design Engineer will support the Production and Sales teams as products progress through all stages of the development and production process life-cycle.
Design Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Create mechanical design solutions to comply with the Product Design Specifications.
- Create cable drawings and Create/Manage Product, Cable & PCB BOM's.
- Produce accurate product build documentation.
- Produce concept renders in support of quotations for sales.
- Assist with validation testing of developed products.
- Actively support the company Engineering Change Request procedures.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with company, customer and BS standards.
- Carry out Continuous Improvement activities within the business.
Technical Skills and Experience required for the Design Engineer
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering and Experience in designing and drafting.
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD.
- A strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Experience designing electro-mechanical enclosures, sheet metal & machined components.
- An appreciation of documented quality standards and systems.
- Effective communication skills and a good attention to detail.
- Able to produce drawings and design documentation with a "right first time" attitude.
- Basic understanding of UK & US Military EMC and Environmental Test Standards.
- Occasional travel to Customers.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the sensitive nature of the products and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Design Engineer then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV's to