Our client is a world-class, independent engineering and testing consultancy, operating in
multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with
cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
They offer full-system design, test and integration expertise to automotive, defence, rail and
transport industries and also specialise in developing low carbon and autonomous and cooperative
Due to increase in workloads there is a need for 2 x Design Engineers to join the team to help support ongoing work.
Working in the design team you will predominantly designing BIW carrying out the following tasks:
- Carry out benchmarking studies of competitor vehicles
- Produce 3D CATIA V5 high level vehicle package layouts.
- Review of crash performance at a high level with internal specialists
- Set weight and cost targets (assumed support from suppliers & customer)
- Liaison with key suppliers
- Review of proposed and selected suppliers suitability for the project
- Propose and select suppliers for the project in conjunction with customer
- Consider manufacture, serviceability and maintainability at a high level
- Produce detailed 3D CAD models for prototype or production manufacture
- Produce detailed 2D CAD drawings if required
- Assist in the production of the vehicle BOM