Job Title: Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer to work for our client at their site in Stoke-on-Trent, they are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their busy engineering team, and looking for someone with a proven track record in Design.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales and Contracts.
- Attend site with Sales Engineers to gather information for quotations.
- Attend site to diagnose and/or rectify faults with equipment.
- Design special penstocks.
- Provide a paid consultancy service to clients on penstock condition and fitness for purpose. (This will include site visits.)
- Ideally degree qualified with at least 5 years experience.
- High level of technical proficiency in Mechanical Engineering.
- High level of site fault diagnosis including identifying immediate risk.
- Practical engineering experience will be considered an advantage.
- You will be proficient in the use of 3D modeling software and Finite Element Stress Analysis.
- You will be methodical and thorough in your working practices.
- The successful candidate should be self organised, a multi-tasker and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communications are essential along with the ability to communicate with clients of all levels.
- Familiarity with CDM Risk Assessments.
- Familiarity with site Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Hold CSCS, Blue Card and Confined Space certification.
- Be confident and sufficiently fit to cope with physically demanding situations, including working at height, in confined spaces and working in sewage and seawater.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.