- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58985
Design Engineer - Off Highway
Up to £29/hr - Inside IR35
6 month initial contract
A Design Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Design Engineer / Detailer role, as part of the global technical team responsible for backhoe loader current production design and development.
You will demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and determination to resolve issues while maintaining high quality standards in both design and component detailing, ensuring designs are validated to meet functional and technical requirements while maintaining focus on product cost.
In order to do this, you will be experienced in solid modelling (ideally CREO), geometric tolerancing and engineering data management systems.
The ability to work in a hands-on environment for issue resolution and design development is strongly desired. Prior experience with off highway machinery would be beneficial.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- CAD Design of components and assemblies in CREO.
- Completion of component and group drawings.
- Participating in Design Reviews, FMEA’s
- Management of engineering changes through life cycle management.
- Collaborating with suppliers and internal teams
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical resources to address detailed technical problems.
- Virtual collaboration with global engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Working with design resources and suppliers to rapidly implement design changes.
Desired Competencies / experience / qualifications
- Engineering Degree Qualification or HND with experience
- Experience of off highway machine design and development
- Working knowledge of CAD and PLM (ideally CREO and Teamcenter)
- Creativity and innovation to generate new solutions to existing problems
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of design for manufacturing & design for assembly philosophies
- Control and communication of cost, quality, and schedule constraints
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.