Design Development Engineer
Contract LTD - 12 Months
A Design Development Engineer has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Component Engineering department responsible for mechanical design and development of engine design for engines up to 7 litres which are used in a range of machine platforms.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability.
Ideal candidates will have engine development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan & execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design & validation process for engine components and systems.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of IC engine systems.
- Development / validation experience of engine components & systems.
- Proven experience of strong collaboration with component suppliers, including a good understanding and application of APQP.
- Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems.
- Working knowledge of Pro-E (CREO) 3D CAD system and Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.