Design Department Leader
£Competitive plus benefits
A Design Department Leader is required to be responsible for the successful growth of the design team including the support and direction along with developing staff members, as well as the successful delivery of customer projects. Candidates with good knowledge and experience in all types of powertrain technology including traditional gasoline and diesel base engine design as well as design for electrified powertrains would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Basildon requires a proactive Design Department Leader to develop and implement department strategy in-line with company strategy and vision. As a Design Department Leader you will be required to:
- Lead technology growth within the department. This includes traditional technologies, electrified powertrain and vehicle technologies
- Lead and develop the team including definition of team structure, recruitment and training
- Deliver content of projects on-time with consideration for customer satisfaction
- Achieve department financial and non-financial targets
- Establish and maintain relationships with HQ and other affiliates
- Support business development activities
- Develop new and maintain existing customer relationships
The Design Department Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering subject and ideally Chartered
- Experienced professional of automotive powertrain/vehicle component design/engineering.
- Experience leading a team and successfully delivering SOP projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present both to internal and external customers
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and/or experience in mechanical and electrical design and development of powertrain systems and components to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Design Department Leader and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Department Leader role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.