£20.84 - 20.84 per hour
4 months ago
Title: Design and Release Engineer / DAT Electronics Engineer
- Design & Release engineer for Driver Assist Technology systems and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
- Develop product definition, program assumptions and targets with Marketing, Finance, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Lead engineering tasks to support GPDS program milestones and gateways: design, develop, release, test and launch content to meet specification requirements and program targets (time, costs, weight, quality).
- Source and project manage suppliers leading "Team of Four" with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating. ASAP, ESOW, RFQ, SOBA, CPA.
- Package components and modules to meet CAD design rules, DPA and E2KS requirements.
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications. ¿ Support EI-PAT, FIP and software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development and system compatibility.
- Plan and coordinate component, system and vehicle level design verification (DV) and testing to support / gateways using eFDVS. Production
- Deliver PPAP parts for production, support prototype builds and production launches at global vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Lead investigations to diagnose and resolve test failures, "Voice of Customer" issues and quality concerns.
- Support EESE PMT meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management working with Dunton, Merkenich and Dearborn teams.
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems.
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of design methodologies, engineering processes and quality tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PC based apps.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills.
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
- PD processes.
- Candidate must have a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe, and the ability to travel, without restriction, to mainland Europe and development sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Systems engineering, vehicle testing, automotive electronics
- Relevant Automotive, or Engineering Degree.
- Driver Licence
- Category C Drivers Licence
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35**
Rate - £20.84 per hour LTD rate which equals £16.30 per hour PAYE rate.
Travel to - Turkey and USA may be required.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.