- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 09 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59693
Design & Release Engineer - 54521
Basildon/Remote - Hybrid
Rate - £25 to £35 per hour - Inside IR35
Design & Release Engineer
- Design & Release Engineer for (DAT) Driver Assist Technology systems and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
- Develop product definition, program assumptions and targets with Marketing, Finance, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Lead engineering tasks to support GPDS program milestones and gateways: design, develop, release, test and launch content to meet specification requirements and program targets (time, costs, weight, quality).
- Source and project manage suppliers leading "Team of Four" with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating. ASAP, ESOW, RFQ, SOBA, CPA.
- Package components and modules to meet CAD design rules, DPA and E2KS requirements.
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications.
- Support EI-PAT, FIP and software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development and system compatibility.
- Plan and coordinate component, system and vehicle level design verification (DV) and testing to support / gateways using eFDVS. Production
- Deliver PPAP parts for production, support prototype builds and production launches at global vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Lead investigations to diagnose and resolve test failures, "Voice of Customer" issues and quality concerns.
- Support Integration Meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management working with Dunton, Merkenich and Dearborn teams.
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Global Product Development System and Engineering Tools and Processes: VSEM, GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS, AIMS, Teamcenter.
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software development. PD processes, design methodologies, software and requirements management.
- The candidate must have a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe and the ability to travel, without restriction, to mainland Europe and to any sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Systems Engineering
- Vehicle testing
- Automotive electronics
Relevant Automotive, or Engineering Degree
Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Travel: Yes (pending COVID restrictions lifting) Turkey, USA - occasional travel where necessary to support Assembly Plant or supplier issues.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.