- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Creative design & styling
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58879
Design and Release Engineer - 54366
Rate - £25 - £35 per hour - Inside IR35 (Fully depending on experience)
Commercial Vehicle Embedded Modem Design and Release Engineer
- Interpretation and application of system specifications for components and functions for infotainment, navigation and new connectivity technologies (voice recognition, WIFI hotspot, analytics, etc.).
- Creation of work plans for project management and monitoring within GPDS.
- Application of given priorities regarding function, quality, cost, weight and timing in close collaboration with North American and Merkenich core teams.
- Engineering sign-off in alignment with Supervisor.
- Presentation of project status and results including recommendations for decisions for parts/systems towards Supervisor or supplier.
- Contribution to design reviews (definition of goals, identification of construction alternatives/decision criteria) and launch teams (tracking regarding time and quality).
- Confirmation that the design meets customer requirements, e.g. function, design, ergonomics and complies with legal and safety requirements.
- Coordination of system specifications with pre-development regarding regional requirements as well as function owners within the area of connectivity and navigation.
- Coordination of cross carline software delivery into vehicle programme timeline, following software release and signoff processes.
- Analysis of test results considering specifications of adjacent departments.
- Conduct vehicle level testing and signoff per global component requirement to GPDS timeline.
- Competent using office applications such as excel, outlook, project and word.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate use of initiative, perseverance and liaison skills.
- Must have experience of using Product Development processes.
- Must have experience of working on electrical or electronic systems.
- Experience of using FEDE, WERS is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Transit vehicle Electrical Systems and Components is an advantage.
- Engineering Degree
Full UK driving licence is required
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.