52238 - Design and Release Engineer (Electrical/Electronics)
Salary - Open Rate
A Design and Release Engineer is required with experience in electrical or electronic systems.
This Global Automotive company in Basildon requires a Design and Release Engineer with project management experience for a new contract role.
As a Design and Release Engineer you will be required to:
- Deliver electronics technologies for current and future vehicle programs globally
- Develop product definition, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management
- Lead engineering tasks to support GPDS program milestones and gateways: design, develop, release and test content to meet specification requirements and program targets (time, costs, weight, quality)
- Source and project manage component suppliers leading Team of Four with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating
- Ensure correct requirements capture and understand detailed technical specifications
- Support software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development and system compatibility
- Plan and coordinate Design Verification and sign-off testing to support / gateways using eFDVS
- Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants
- Support manufacturing, diagnostics and EOL compatibility
- Lead investigations to resolve test failures, Voice of Customer issues and quality concerns
- Support EESE PMT meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, FMA tools and disciplines to continually improve components and systems
The Design and Release Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering quality tools (FMA, DFMEA, 8D, 6-Sigma, APQP, PPAP)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other PC based applications.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills.
- Relevant Automotive or Engineering degree
If you have any questions about the Design and Release Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship