- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 09 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59399
Job title: Design and Release (D&R Engineer) – Spare wheel systems
Salary: Up to £16 per hour PAYE- 3 month initial contract
Location: Dunton, Essex
We are currently recruiting Design and Release (D&R) Engineer to work for a leading automotive company in Dunton, Essex. This is initially a 3 month contract inside IR35 paying up to £16 per hour PAYE.
- Concept development and detailed design of modules and systems of the body structure supporting the spare wheel system.
- Ensure that the design meets all relevant requirements and cost and investment targets.
- Apply the engineering quality toolset to meet quality targets in cooperation with internal and external partners
- Execution and documentation of the design verification process as preparation of production release.
- Production release of the module or system using the respective internal systems.
- Virtual design verification in cooperation with CAE engineers.
- Physical system validation as part of the prototype phase, delivering milestones related to test completion and issue resolution.
- Design & Release Work with Tools (WERS, FEDEBoM, FEDEDVP, Teamcenter).
- Fully competent in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible with a positive can-do attitude, willing to support the team as well as individual tasks.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Good problem-solving skills with a proven capability of handling multiple tasks and managing deadlines (Preferred).
- Working knowledge of vehicle structures development with Design & Release experience (Preferred).
- Experience in working with cross functional and global teams, working calmly and effectively with suppliers from any global region (Preferred).
- Experienced & confident reviewing & presenting to colleagues at all levels within the company (Preferred).
Experience in a relevant Engineering role.
Launch Experience, program management experience with GPDS.
Degree in Engineering (BSc / MSc / BEng / MEng) - minimum 2:2.
Willing to Travel as required for Launch support / Supplier visits
Demand this role will be high therefore if you would like to discuss further, please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.