£25 - £45 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job title: Design & Development Engineer
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Design & Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Component Engineering department and will take responsibility for design and development activities of components and systems for company brand engine ranges.
Each project offers the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems.
To apply for this Design & Development Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
- Design experience of engine components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO)
- Good understanding of engine design
- Knowledge of engine systems
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Development experience of engine components and systems, including both rig and whole engine testing.
- Design experience gained in the off-highway sector
- Knowledge and usage of Teamcenter - data management software
Please contact James Tilley for more details.