Role: Design & Development Engineer
Location: Dudley, West Midlands
Salary: £40K - £50K
Industry: Automotive, FMCG, Industrial
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a global leader of Welding Controls and associated products and systems. A UK based manufacturer with companies across the globe. Due to company growth, my client is recruiting for a Design & Development Engineer (Electrical/Electronics bias) on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role is to develop the current product range which will meet the future needs of the business
Role & Responsibilities
The role of the Design and Development Engineer is to provide innovative, profitable designs and production solutions to meet the needs of a variety of Resistance Welding Systems customers. You will be responsible for the design of new products as well the development of current products whilst working closely with our production team as well as engineers based in the USA.
A key part of this role includes driving high standards throughout the design & manufacturing process. Ideally you'll have hands on Welding Control experience in a manufacturing environment.
Electrical / Electronic Engineering Degree
The following skills are considered to be essential for this role:
- Design of hardware for microprocessor and DSP based embedded systems.
- Design of software for embedded systems using C and assembler
- Design of software for the PC using assembler, C, Java
- Design of discrete logic systems, using both standard logic, and programmable types (EPLDs).
- Design of analogue electronic systems for measurement and control.
- Design of digital communication systems (Ethernet TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus, Interbus, Modbus/TCPIP etc).
- Design of power electronics systems using Thyristors and IGBTs.
- Design of electrical power systems, control gear and protection.
- Preparation for PCB layout
- Product design (enclosures, housings, panel graphics etc).
- CAD systems
- Preparation of drawings and BOMs.
- Construction and testing of prototypes.
- Testing for EMI susceptibility.
- Technical writing (manuals, publicity).
- IT support.
To succeed in this role you will need to be an innovative thinker capable of working on your own as well within a team to achieve the objectives of the business.
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Controls and Systems
- Communications protocols and new technology developments
- Engineering practices
The following experience is preferable but not critical
- Manufacturing of Electronic products
- Software applications in the control & communications environment
- Project Management
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for further information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.