Design & Development Engineer - 34656 - up to £22.51/hr Ltd - Powertrain
A Design & Development Engineer for Cooling Systems is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
- Carry out vehicle based development and sign off cooling system tests in test facilities and in field including overseas test trips, significant amounts of time will be 'out of normal hours'.
- Investigate technical issues to resolution and report all work carried out in a timely manner.
- Provide hands on support to vehicle builds and technical investigation of issues in field.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Sound understanding of the Design and Development Process - this lead role will call upon a good engineering knowledge to include system operation and performance function.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing demands - this role interfaces with many other departments and suppliers and will required a person who is highly driven with clear goals
- Able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of Project Management and a strong disciplined approach to engineering delivery.
- Able to demonstrate ability to plan and deliver the development / test plan to production.
- Able to demonstrate ability of working alongside external engineers in a professional and constructive manner.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems - AIMS, RMDV2
- Current Driving Licence.
- Powertrain experience
- Experience of pressure charged engine systems.
- Knowledge of powertrain cooling systems and performance testing
- Development experience and/or awareness.
- Experience and working knowledge of development processes.
- Experience with data logging systems and INCA tools to log data and interrogate powertrain parameters
- Experience of working in climatic test chambers and/or test tracks
Education Required: Engineering Degree
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.