Design & Development Director - Electrical Distribution Systems
£90,000 - £100,000 (DOE) + Benefits Package
Coventry, West Midlands
An experienced Design and Development Director is required for this global supplier of Electrical Distribution Systems. Working with all the leading automotive OEMs, they are at the forefront of vehicle technology and wiring harness design, development and manufacture. As a leading innovator in the development of systems that can handle the full electrical and electronic complexity of modern vehicles including hybrid and full electric, they are seeing increased demand for their products. Having established a worldwide reputation for reliability and quality they are now looking to further strengthen their technical team by recruiting an experienced Design & Development Director. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a well-respected tier one supplier and take full responsibility for the design and development function of advanced Electrical Distribution Systems.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing complex design and development projects from concept to realisation and start of production. Leading the design and development function will require excellen0t communication skills, both internally and externally with clients and suppliers. This will be a challenging position requiring both the technical and people management skills required to lead and manage a large engineering team. It is highly likely that you will be working within a tier one or OEM automotive business and controlling a significant engineering budget.
To be considered for this Design and Development Director position you must have:
- Held responsibility for a research or design & development department or function
- A thorough understanding of advanced technology and developing technology road maps for vehicle electrical systems
- Significant people management and leadership experience, gained in a technical engineering environment, with excellent project management skills
- A passion for innovative product development, but understand the need for standardisation and the impact design for manufacture can have on time and cost
- A track record that demonstrates an ability to lead and build a high performing engineering function
- A dynamic and driven personality - confident, credible and comfortable working across all levels of an advanced engineering/manufacturing business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build robust working relationships and foster collaborative working with customers and suppliers
- A relevant engineering qualification to degree level or above in either an Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronic or Materials related discipline
This will be a challenging but very rewarding role and presents a unique opportunity to lead a technically strong engineering team for a business that has huge ambition and growth potential. This will be a highly visible leadership role that will require the need to travel within the UK and overseas.