Competitive Plus Benefits
Design Application Engineer (Powertrain Systems)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Engine, Powertrain, Design, Development, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Packaging, Integration, Performance, Leadership, Delivery, DFM, DFA, CAD, FEA, Manufacturing, Test
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems and associated products for various applications within the automotive, off-highway, aerospace, marine and industrial sectors, driving engineering excellence? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Design Applications Engineer (Powertrain Systems) to help integrate their products into bespoke units from concept through to production following a significant growth and investment in the business.
The role of Design Application Engineer (Powertrain Systems) will be to lead the development and integration of powertrain units being responsible for design, development, test and project delivery. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will need to have experience of designing powertrain products and associated components and systems having exposure through all development, engineering and integration phases to ensure the successful delivery of all projects including new platforms and support for existing engines programmes.
As a Design Applications Engineer (Powertrain Systems) your main responsibilities will include;
- Designing and integration of powertrain systems and associated parts into current and future product ranges to meet customer requirements and market demands especially in meeting new low carbon constraints within new engine development programmes.
- Working with local suppliers to have prototype parts manufactured and then testing these parts in the engine test cell, then updating and modifying these parts till they meet the requirements.
- Produce CAD drawings and FEA analysis on non-conformance parts to ensure issues are identified quickly and resolved effectively during product development phases.
- Support all design , development and trails within the supply base and with cross functional teams to ensure the successful launch of products.
- Product and components packaging and integration especially with new innovative design for future developments.
- Investigation of new technologies and concepts to improve and grow the product range to support new development programs and enhancements in systems and performance.
This is a challenging and exciting role and we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the ability and passion to:
- Design, develop and launch prototype products from concept into production.
- Integrate and package systems without impacting functionality and aesthetical nature
- Support critical decisions quickly and robustly to ensure project gateways and milestones
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures whilst not stifling creativity
- Constructively challenge the status quo
You will bring to the role:
- Exposure in the design, development and integration of powertrain systems for combustion engines (Gasoline and/or Diesel) having worked with suppliers and cross functional teams to deliver innovation projects.
- An understanding of Powertrain applications, interaction with subcomponents and the packaging/integration of those products/systems within niche and new vehicles programmes.
- A knowledge of 3D CAD, FEA, CAE, DFM, DFA, product packaging and integration.
- A drive, commitment and ability to deliver design projects from concept performing hands on design activities and calculations to support new product development, liaising with suppliers, customers and engineering teams to deliver results and meet launch deadlines.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the design and development of powertrain products, systems and their integration and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Design Applications Engineer (Powertrain Systems) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.