- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 19 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61468
Design and Analysis Engineer – 37875
Pay Rate: up to £32.25/hr Ltd – inside IR35
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Engineering Laboratories (EL) forms the backbone of our internal vehicle test and development capability, and is responsible for a wide and diverse range of activities including Structural Test, Body Rig Test, Road Load Data, Analytical Facilities, NVH, Climatic Test, Electrical Test and Safety Test.
The Technology Development Department are responsible for the design and delivery of facility components, test rigs and the infrastructure required in support of the core EL areas delivering physical test plans. The area is also responsible for the development and delivery of key new facilities, technology, infrastructure and strategy for EL, leading projects from concept through to delivery. The role will see the associate lead the design and delivery of test rigs and fixtures in support of the core cycle plan across all the Engineering Labs test areas.
Key interactions will include Test Customers and Test Engineers. Fellow Design and Analysis Engineers. Test Facility management, Workshop/Machine Shop Group Leaders and fitting staff. External machine shops
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Competent user of CAD toolset using 3D modelling and the ability to create and interpret 2D complex detailed designs in order to prepare parts for manufacture.
- Experience of working as a mechanical engineer within a test environment.
- Ability to manage priorities, identify issues and solutions using own initiative, coupled with a desire to make a difference and achieve results.
- Knowledge of vehicle packaging.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies relating to the testing of road vehicles.
- Good project management skills with a proven record ability with projects from concept through to delivery.
- Ability to resolve technical and process issues promptly.
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present complex information to all levels within the business.
- Must be self-motivated, keen to take on responsibility & able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision. Friendly, flexible person with good communication skills.
- Ability to work theoretically and practically with people in different teams, at all levels of the business
- Experience of collaborative team environments.
- Experience operating and working in a technically capable team.
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
Degree qualified or working towards a degree in a relevant discipline
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply, please send your interest and CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.