- Sector: Energy
- Function: Operations
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 04 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59366
Deputy Team Leader – Energy from Waste
Salary: £35,577.87 per annum
Shift Pattern: 2-day shifts, 2-night shifts, 4 rest days, etc. (each shift is 12 hours long)
To contribute to and support the Team Leader in monitoring the operation of the boilers and turbine for the optimum generation of steam. In the absence of the Team Leader to take full responsibility for all aspects of the plant and supervision of operations staff.
Position in organisation: To report to the Plant Manager/Deputy Plant Manager/Team Leader or Maintenance Manager in their absence.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
Managing and supervising:-
- Manage and monitor all functions associated with the operation of the plant turbine, boilers, and coordination of incoming and outgoing waste.
- To accurately anticipate for mishaps and maintain control of the above by regular observation of the Direct Control System (DCS) to check temperature flow, pressure readings from the turbine/boiler, readings from control systems, gauges, and alarms.
- Manage and support the operations team while ensuring compliance to all Company policies and procedures.
- Accurately report readings and note daily operations in the shift log for continued monitoring and shift changeovers, as well as reporting on readings from any night shift work, and report on daily emissions.
- To ensure any planned and unplanned (i.e. emergency) repairs, blockages and changes in the plant central systems are dealt with appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- To allocate jobs to all Operations staff on shift.
- To supervise and implement emergency procedures during any mishap in the absence of the Team Leader.
- To promptly handle all out of hours (including weekend/night shifts) telephone calls and deliveries.
- Monitoring all areas of the plant from the control room. This includes, operating the overhead crane for the systematic removal of waste, and accessing all areas of the plant (from height to ground levels) to check instruments, gauges, and to take readings and take actions as required.
- To report any plant defects in the shift log and to ensure this is entered onto Altair (maintenance software system) or reported directly to the Maintenance Manager and in their absence the Plant Manager.
- Manual handling and to engage in the occasional use of plant machinery including: Fork Lift Truck (FLT) for when carrying out outdoor work.
- Provision of support to the Team Leader.
- Working at Height and in confined spaces.
- Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
Health & Safety:-
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Active involvement in fire drills and evacuation exercises.
- Reporting to the relevant levels of management any contravention of statutory and company Safe working practices, this includes reporting accidents and incidents.
- Act as Safety controller within the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI’s), and Risk Assessments.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The job holder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
- Experience and/or understanding of operating high pressure boilers and steam turbine plants.
- Experience of supervising a team.
- Qualifications in the use of Fork Lift Truck (FLT). Experience of Front Loading Shovel (FLS) vehicle also advantageous.
- A current first aid qualification would be desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.