Bournville, West Midlands
£15.00 - £20.42 per hour
over 1 year ago
Up to £20.42 p/h consolidated rate
New opportunity for a Demand Planner to work for multinational snacking company.
As Demand Planner you will oversee the demand planning activities for the specific group of products/country, delivering a fact-based forecast (across 24-month horizon) to the highest possible accuracy.
Responsible to provide an accurate base forecast, using the 6 Steps Demand Planning Process:
a) Maintaining the forecasting system accurate & data in line with company rules (1/ Data preparation 2/Cleansing segmentation)
b) Run statistical forecast to provide the best base forecast (3/Statistical Forecasting)
c) Enrich the forecast with the business and market information. (4/Market Update)
d) Review and validate the overall consistency of the total forecast, using analysis, report and available data's (5/Forecast Review)
e) Share and aggregate forecast (6/Demand Review and Consolidation)
Act as a Business Partner for Commercial and Operations Functions, responsible for providing different business stakeholders with a high-quality insight-based total forecast (24-month horizon, weekly on SKU level, based on available assumptions through:
a) Total Forecast Generation based on agreed Best Practices and Product Segmentation
b) Applying best practices for NPD Forecasting
c) Influencing commercial and Business Partners to provide insights and high-quality input to forecasts
- Experience in Demand Planning
- Comprehensive Supply Chain, Financial or Logistics education or experience.
- Fully Operational knowledge of SAP ECC/APO/BI in Supply Chain through formal training and experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and aptitude, attention to detail.
- Understanding and managing the key issues and success criteria.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and perform under time-pressure, good organising skills
- Supply Chain Management: knowledgeable of modern demand and supply planning concepts; including knowledge & experience on Statistical forecasting, Segmentation and History Cleansing
- Learning on the fly: the ability to analyse complex issues and make appropriate decision
- Self Development: demonstrating personal learning flexibility. Communication and Presentation skills, strong ability to influence business stakeholders.
- University Degree educated, preferentially Logistics, Economics.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert to discuss further.