Delivery Assurance Engineer - Contract - Hemel Hempstead
We have a requirement for a Delivery Assurance Engineer for an initial 12 month contract, based in Hemel Hempstead for a World Leading Engineering Services company working with an Aerospace company who design and are involved with the whole life-cycle of electrical power generation and distribution systems for the aerospace industry.
The Delivery Assurance Engineer oversees and coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects/programs and serves as liaison between project management and operations, planning and line management. Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet production throughput, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives
The Delivery Assurance Engineer will be involved with:
- Supply Chain Management and Production Planning support of various OEM sites and their suppliers located in the South of England for Load & Capacity Planning
- Reviewing weekly/monthly Customer & Supplier Business Units metrics to ensure adherence to plan and prioritise activity based on agreed Load & Capacity plans Inventory management
- Review supplier Line of Balance (LOB), Work In Progress (WIP) tracking and where appropriate generate and drive recovery plan during on site verification.
- Act as escalation point to OEM client on sub-tier supply chain issues.
- Facilitate Quality or Engineering issues between OEM and the supply chain.
- Communicate status to stakeholders at agreed intervals or when escalation is required
- Compile visit reports and upload program status utilising live reporting tool and link to supplier's ERP system
- Supporting Lean Events, Assessments and Program Reviews
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering subject or equivalent experience
- Experience in a Supply Chain / Production Planning / Quality / Operations environment
- Experience in a using SAP or similar ERP system
- Understanding of manufacturing processes i.e. Forging / Casting / Assembly / Machining / Special Processes
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering drawing and technical information
- Some aerospace product knowledge
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence decision making
- Experience of problem solving methodology: 8D, 5S, Lean / ACE, lead change/improvement activity / DMAIC / 6 Sigma etc.
- Formal auditing qualification
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.