As a Data Systems Engineer/ Specialist, you will have the chance to work on implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, sharing, searching, analysing and visualising large sets of data to turn information into value using multiple platforms. You will liaise with business analysts and domain specialists to understand business needs and secure the data supply chain by consolidating local pockets of functional data, ingesting/combining/transforming this into a single globally accessible dataset and implementing analysis solutions to visualise actionable outcomes that support improved decision making for a customer. You will understand how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
· Develop prototype applications and configure components on the Microsoft Azure stack and productionise the solutions identified so that they can deliver beta services to customers and work with other teams in order to transition these solutions into full service.
· Configure solutions that ingest data from different sources and cleanse, combine / transform it into a single data set with appropriately associated metadata.
· Enable the on-going creation, translation, storage and consumption of data-driven insights to help our customer make better decisions - increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the services that we and our customers deliver.
· Trial new approaches, new techniques, new technologies, and assess the impact of the latest technology trends.
· Be responsible for demonstrating how data, algorithms, programming, cloud-aware engineering applications and visualizations can be employed to develop next generation data services. Qualifications and experience
· Degree level education in Mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
· An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems and generate conceptual whole system solutions to these.
· Experience in developing one or more solutions using Microsoft Azure cloud platform (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS) services such as Compute (Virtual Machines), Search (Azure Search, Elastic Search), Query & Analytics (Power BI, HDInsight, Data Lake Analytics), Security (Azure AD), Storage (Data Lake Store) and Databases (SQL, NoSQL-DocumentDB, Data Factory) is required for this role.
· Particular experience with predicative analytics, advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms is advantageous.
· Experience in software continuous delivery - fully automated deployments and in use of scripting and automation tools such as PowerShell, R, Python etc. is desirable.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse group, managers and subject matter experts.
· Experience of working in an Agile and DevOps environment, within a self-organizing team.
· Proactive and motivated to take on new challenging technical problems and ability to deliver high-quality results within tight timelines.
· Domain knowledge of gas turbine engine design, development, test and service is desirable.
· Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
· Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
· Organisational Agility
· Problem solving ability
· Logical Thinking
· Effective Time management
· Result driven
3 months ago