Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £28.90 - 31.33/hr
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Role: Data Analyst - Application Lifecycle Engineer.
This role is to ensure accurate and automated data-flow for large scale software development projects. The ALM engineer will be responsible for configuring and adapting existing project management tools to provide data reports and project information for senior management. This will be through the use of cloud based tools and infrastructure, such as JIRA (for issue management) and GIT (for source code). The engineer will be responsible for scripting the required software and configuring the tools to automatically obtain and present the live data.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge of JIRA and GIT configuration (or equivalents).
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills for manipulation of data.
- Proficient ability to use python, Bash or other scripting and prototyping language.
- Proficient in a number of software version control systems and related tools.
- Ability to write scripts in Python, Perl or Bash to automate SW activities.
- Degree educated in Software Engineering or related subject preferred.
- Experience in working at all software development lifecycle stages.
- An expert user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical issues to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Proficient in a number of implementation languages both procedural and object oriented.
- Demonstrated experience implementing infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of automotive processes for component delivery advantageous.
- Experience in cloud based software build infrastructures.
A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology. A strong technical talent for configuration of large scale software systems. Comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business. Ability to provide technical leadership to internal and external partners. A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision. Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs. Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment with a range of expectations on what customer-focussed solutions might look like.