- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58949
Peterborough/WFH - Hybrid
Up to £26.50/ph - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
The Test Data Systems team are responsible for the Automation and Data Acquisition Systems used in engine development labs.
They work closely with Validation, Performance, Emissions, Instrumentation and Operations teams to ensure maximum return from time spent in the test cell.
We deliver a comprehensive, feature rich, flexible, optimized and robust set of automated test solutions (logic and infrastructure) that can be used by our partners to efficiently develop power systems.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implementing systems and solutions to automate data processing and make real-time performance of multiple value streams accessible and informative.
- Expanding our lab management system data model and visualisations
- Integrating multiple datasets from a variety of sources (databases, web-tables, reference files etc.)
- Identifying and mapping relationships between datasets
- Identifying gaps in data collection and working with supporting teams to address
- Automating data processing functions (calculations and transformations)
- Developing dashboards and reports; making real-time performance visible
- Communicating solutions and workflows at a technical level
- Maintaining solutions (applications, workflows, dashboards and reports)
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Python (and common data analysis libraries), Power BI, SQL, DAX, DevOps, Git, Power Automate, Power Apps and similar
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment techniques
- Demonstrated experience of data analysis and visualisation (preferably Power BI)
- Demonstrated experience of automation coding (preferably Python)
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, other business units, customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to delivery
Please note that we do not expect a perfect candidate fully capable in all of the above; If you meet the basic requirements, this role sounds exciting to you and you are willing to continually develop skills and experience in the areas, tools and languages identified, please consider applying.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.