We are currently seeking 2 Data Science Engineers for roles with a highly respected Automotive Engineering consultancy based in Essex.
Your Responsibilities: * Identify the state-of-the-art toolchain most suitable for the automotive industry in particular in the context of Connected Vehicles and the Internet of Things
* Build the integrated solution and infrastructure to enable development of algorithms for analytics and visualisation of Big Data for the above mentioned applications
* For the selected infrastructure and toolchain, provide a suitable development platform and training for colleagues who would be exploring techniques and algorithms for real world automotive applications
* Understand inter-department and intra-affiliate synergies on data related projects
* Keeping up to date with new trends and tools in Data Science arena
* Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with great mathematical and statistical competences
* Relevant professional working experience
* Understanding and advanced-level in current state-of-the-art Big Data tools from data warehouse (e.g. Hadoop, MySQL), analytics (e.g. Spark or R) to visualisation (e.g. Tableau)
* Experience in implementation and tool development for Big Data for various industries, applications or use cases
* Strong programming skills in C#, Python and Matlab
* Self-directed and independent * Professional presentation skills
* Automotive domain knowledge
* Experience in telematics, data acquisition systems and communication protocols
* Previous experience in an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) company
* Cloud computing or high performance computing experience
These are extremely important roles for the company as Data Science is going to be key for them going forward.
If you have a suitable background and skills, please apply as soon as possible. The company are keen to expand the department quickly.