- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Project & Programme Management
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 22 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59892
Title: Data Privacy Compliance Senior Analyst - 37531
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £40.71/hr Ltd (£31.32/hr PAYE)
The role of the Data Privacy Compliance Senior Analyst is critical in ensuring that Product Engineering (PE) can demonstrate compliance with GDPR legislation and internal GDPR processes across all personal data-related product features for our vehicles as well as our internal business processes.
The Data Privacy Compliance Senior Analyst will act as a Subject Matter Expert for all GDPR processes within the Product Engineering function and will lead the coordination of all related activities. The role reports to the IATF16949 & GDPR Compliance Manager, working alongside a PE GDPR Analyst and will work closely with the Head of Privacy and Data Protection.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Facilitating Privacy by Design and Default within Product Engineering and maintaining respective processes
- Supporting & guiding engineers completing the Privacy by Design and Default process and associated risk assessments across all areas of Product Engineering.
- Owning the GDPR design requirements and ensuring they are adequately embedded into Product Engineering processes.
- Being a point of guidance for GDPR leads within Product Engineering.
- Managing the Leads Working Group quarterly meeting.
- Identifying high risk processing and escalating to Privacy and Data Protection team as necessary.
- Ensuring that Data Protection Impact Assessment(s) owned by Product Engineering remain up to date and all risks are allocated and progressed appropriately.
- Conducting training on GDPR Privacy by Design and Default process within Product Engineering.
- Liaison with the Privacy and Data Protection Team.
- Working with, and providing direction to, the PE GDPR Analyst.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Data protection compliance consultant or junior privacy lawyer (2/3PQE).
- Enhanced knowledge of GDPR/Data Protection regulations and processes and demonstrable experience operationalising those requirements.
- Experience of working in a data compliance role within an engineering, automotive or technology environment
- Ability to understand, advise on and evaluate complex and technical data processing activities in Product Engineering.
- Experience of communicating and influencing to build strong networks and relationships, internally and externally.
- Proven experience in running progress & escalation reviews (governance).
- The ability to identify areas for improvement and to recommend solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident user of MS Office applications (Office 365).
- Logical thinker with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of working in an automotive environment
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Connected and Autonomous automotive technologies
- Interest and experience in software development
CIPM or CIPP/E or similar
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.