£20 - 25 per hour
Up to £25/hr - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
The Data Engineer position will be responsible for building and supporting secure, performant infrastructure and data driven and predictive analytics applications that provide actionable insights.
The position will be part of an emerging data analytics community made up of a diverse and business-led selection of embedded analysts who tackle challenges and problems that are critical to realizing significant business outcomes.
Data engineers work with data scientists, business analysts, and others as part of a team that assembles large, complex data sets that provide competitive advantage.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Design, develop, and maintain performant and scalable applications
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, security & governance
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions
- Operationalize the developed jobs and processes and processes.
- Create databases and infrastructure to facilitate processing data at scale
- Create solutions and methods to monitor systems and solutions
- Automate code testing and pipelines
- Perform database administration duties and develop and manage security/data access management processes
- Engage directly with business partners to participate in design and development of data integration/transformation solutions per functional requirements.
- Identify and deliver tailored learning solutions to IPSD analytics community to support security and embed best practice design patterns
- Engage and actively seek industry perspectives through external engagements such as hackathons, peer groups, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering related fields.
- 2-3 years software development experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, profiling & optimization.
- Understanding of SQL, ETL design, and data modelling techniques
- Experience with at least 3 of the software tools listed under desired skills
- Experience in snowflake or qualified to be trained on the approved enterprise data platform
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.