Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £23.45 - £24.51
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The main purpose of the role is to support Body Engineering`s major push in the development of AVA CAD models to improve the efficiency, quality delivery and speed of Body Engineering`s delivery by both delivering AVA models themselves and by supporting the identification & specification of them.
- Provide automation through use of VBA or similar, ownership and enhancement of knowledge database so that code can be utilised.
- Maintain AVA MS access database.
- Support the creation of code for use within AVA models
- Support the creation and development of advanced database systems
- Support the creation of code library, training material, code standardisation related to AVA best practice.
- Strong capability in using Virtual Engineering tools, 3D CAD.
- Good working practice of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Good working practice of Database Management Software (MS Access) and awareness of SQL
Demonstration of problem solving in engineering discipline or similar, demonstrate good working practice and creation of applications using VBA or similar.
Working practice of database management software (MS Access).
Proficiency in Excel (formulas, data connections, pivot tables, charts)
Show a strong desire to deliver improvements in efficiency in the geometry creation process Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for the product'
High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
Committed, flexible and able to work under pressure
If you are interested in this role apply now!