Title: Specialist Engineer
Salary Range: £23.33 - £25.90
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
The Engineering Transformation Team are responsible for delivering process improvements within Product Engineering following a rapid, agile improvement methodology. As a mechanism for delivering the transformation, the team are organised into a number of Rapid Improvement Teams.
These Teams will solely deliver incremental improvements and waste removal activities to key Engineering process over a fixed short-term project period, and repeat on a fixed 6-8 week cycle. Each team is made up of key roles and skill sets to enable project success. As the Data and Systems Analyst in a newly (Agile) Rapid Improvement Team, reporting to a Rapid Improvement Team Manager, you will be responsible for providing insights into problems through data analysis and also providing technology/systems driven solutions to aid the resolution of problems.
This role requires an advanced user of Excel with keen interest and understanding of systems and tools, who has strong experience in problem solving and manipulating large amount of data and producing the same to report to senior stakeholders. You will have excellent experience in providing brilliant support for integral projects and you will be able to analyse raw data and have the confidence to present the same to a variety of stakeholders.
Ideally you can demonstrate excellent business acumen and you will be proactive by nature and be able to build relationships with a range of stakeholders so excellent communication skills is a must. Coaching, training and support will be provided to develop an understanding of key aspects of product engineering, however, this role requires technical aptitude in order to develop the knowledge required for solving complex problems. The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude and demonstrate positive business behaviours.
Key Performance Indicators.
- Business benefit in terms of time, cost or quality resulting from projects.
- Completeness of project delivery within defined project period.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for data analysis to aid problem solving, development of reporting using reporting tools, development of simple software solutions by configuring SharePoint/Google based solutions (minimal coding required) and ultimately delivering lean and robust solutions for Engineering to meet the challenges of a turbulent and disrupting industry.
- Highly cross-functional in nature including interactions with:- Core Engineering Domains, Vehicle Engineering, Engineering Operations, Programme Management, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Finance, IT.
3 Key Skills:
1) Data Analysis
2) Advanced EXCEL Skills
3) Experience in problem solving tools and lean/ six sigma techniques
- Data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in problem solving tools and techniques.
- Complex problem solving and solution elicitation.
- Experience of leading workshops with multiple customers / stakeholders.
- Experience in influencing outside of direct responsibility and beyond own function via stakeholder engagement and strong customer mind set.
- Ability to deliver with urgency in pressurised situations.
- Failure mode avoidance.
- Preparing and performing presentations.
- Coding using Python and Visual Basic to aid data analysis.
- Report generation using Tableau and / or other BI tools.
- Creating basic workflow and websites using SharePoint and or Google tools.