We are recruiting a Data Analyst for the UK's leading analytics software consultancy for asset intensive industries. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within a dynamic growing company that is wholly owned by a leading global asset management consultancy.
Based at our clients head office in Sheffield you will be an integral part of an already established and growing Analytics & Consultancy team delivering advanced data and analytic solutions for asset investment planning across the utility, power and transportation sectors.
As a Data Analyst you will be expected to be able to work autonomously, collect and repopulate data, analyse the data to provide regression style relationships and assess their confidence, populate and configure the analytics software in order to produce an optimised strategic plan, and disseminate results via client workshops and reports. Whilst throughout this process it is essential that auditability and quality assurance are adhered too and maintained.
Other key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Develop project scope to ensure you deliver value to the customer, managing outputs and quality.
- Collect, assess and transform data as required to support projects.
- Derive predictive models using appropriate statistical techniques.
- Ensure the data that supports the project recommendations is verified, analysed and modelled effectively in collaboration with other team members using the relevant software within agreed project scopes, to the standards required by clients.
- Configure the relevant software and generate optimised investment plans.
- Report and present the outputs to ensure the clients have a full understanding of the project process and deliverables.
You will ideally also have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional skills in data collection and interpretation.
- Extensive use of MS Access or SQL to collate data and perform complex queries.
- Advanced user of MS Excel or other statistical packages to process data.
- Sensitivity and scenario analysis of analytical models.
- Mathematical and statistical analysis and modelling skills.
- Use of analysis tools; R, MATLAB, SAS, SPSS or similar
- Predictive and / or prescriptive analytics.
- Understanding of investment models, assets and systems of assets, understanding of Optimisation (linear & non-linear), Prioritisation and Monte Carlo analysis, and experience of working for a utility company or consultancy on data analysis/modelling/investment planning would be advantageous.
- Proven ability in presenting methodologies and results to all levels in a business environment.
Educated to degree level in a Mathematics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or another financial/numeric field you will also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ideally our client is looking for individuals that have operated within the utilities or infrastructure markets (water, electricity, power and transport).
In return our client can offer a competitive remuneration package to include flexible working hours, pension, health care and excellent career progression within this market leading company and further career opportunities within a globally renowned organisation.
If you would like to discuss this Data Analyst role in more detail then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV to: