- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 21 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59877
6 Month Contract
Up to £382 per day PAYE
Supporting the financial services division of a well-known automotive brand your role as Data Analyst will:
- Report to the Data & Analytics Manager
- Be part of an agile product team, comprised of SMEs from the business lines, AWS platform developers, a data architect, data analysts and BI/visualisation specialists, working together to develop our next generation analytics platform.
- Primarily focused on analysing data in backend systems and developing appropriate data models in our AWS-based data warehouse, but the nature of our T-shaped team means that you will get involved with all aspects of the product delivery process including QA testing and presentations of the data through the Tableau visualisation tool.
- Analysing data in source systems (both internal and external) and mapping it to business processes.
- Supporting the AWS DevOps team in automating the ingestion of data (e.g. by supplying relevant SQL queries).
- Modelling the data in the semantic layer of the data warehouse.
- Maintaining documentation of findings and activities (in Confluence and JIRA).
- Share QA and testing of all data through the systems.
- Reporting of data quality issues back to source system owner.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science / numerate subject or relevant data experience
- Data querying languages / tooling with proficiency and experience in writing modular/ reusable SQL scripts.
- Understanding of data profiling and analysis concepts, including data anomalies, data mapping activities.
- Familiar with coding in Python.
- Experience of creating dashboards and visualisations in Tableau would be an advantage
- Practical experience of AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management.
- Strong SQL skills and experience using it for data manipulation, modelling required.
Interviews will include an SQL test.
Apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.