DAT Electronics Applications Engineer - 52990
An DAT Electronics Applications Engineer is required with experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
This company based in Basildon requires a DAT Electronics Applications Engineer to design and release the latest Safety & Driver Assist electronics components, software and features for Commercial Vehicle applications for a new contract role.
As a DAT Electronics Applications Engineer you will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Develop product and feature definitions, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management.
- Lead engineering tasks to support programme milestones and gateways
- Design, develop, integrate and test hardware and software to meet feature and system specification requirements, to program targets (cost, weight and timing).
- Lead sourcing with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating.
- Project manage high volume electronics suppliers to deliver the required engineering development and testing support.
- Support packaging of sensors and ECUs meeting functional design rules in CAD and associated DPA requirements.
- Lead compatibility review process, cascading requirements to interfacing components and modules
- Support latest software processes, CAN message lists, Netcom, signal database development, cyber security and Autosar.
- Plan and coordinate design verification and validation testing to support engineering sign off gateways (HiL, SiL, Buck, Vehicle)
- Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
- Support manufacturing requirements, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
- Lead investigations and resolutions for any test failures, launch issues and customer quality concerns.
- Support programme meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report-outs to management to forums.
- Use lessons learnt, quality data, and FMA tools for continuous improvement.
The DAT Electronics Applications Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of design methodologies, engineering processes and quality tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PC based apps.
- Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills.
- Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
- Experience of OEM product development processes.
- The candidate must have:- a valid driving license for use in the UK, mainland Europe, and the ability to travel, without restriction, to mainland Europe and to any other Company development sites or Manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Relevant Automotive, or Engineering degree.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of systems engineering/ vehicle testing/ automotive electronics to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- Negotiable salary depending on experience
If you have any questions about the DAT Electronics Applications Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.