£20 - 23 per hour
about 1 month ago
D & R Engineer
Automotive - Powertrain
Fuel/AdBlue System Engineering
- Lead the design and release of components and systems for specific vehicle and/or engine program(s) assigned
- Ensure successful production launch of Forward Model programs, meeting quality cost and attribute function
- Support cost reduction and quality/campaign prevent actions for programs assigned
- Ensure the verification testing and analysis of designs in order to qualify them as ready for production
- Ensure that design issues are resolved in a timely manner in order to support project timing milestones/ cadence
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional global team of 5 including Purchase, STA (Supplier Technical Assistance), Supplier, Finance and Cost Estimating.
- Lead cross functional Issue resolution with Vehicle Engineering, Brand and Joint Venture partners etc around the world in order to ensure all targets are met. Major responsibilities listed do not necessarily include a description of all essential and non-essential position responsibilities.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Degree level qualification required in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent, or two thirds through degree studies with commitment to complete study also acceptable
- Powertrain Engineering experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as one team across multiple regions (FNA, FAPA, FSAO)
- Proven experience applying leadership skills to lead a diverse team to deliver via a remote management structure
- Engineering experience, ability to judge and improve designs and processes to prevent failure modes
- Demonstrate the application and deployment of engineering quality tools (FMEA, 8D, 6-Sigma, APQP, FMA)
- Excellent administrative skills and level of organization
- Proven experience of the following Systems; (Integrator, WERS, GPDS, EFDVS, Fede BOM).
Rate - £23.00 per hour LTD rate which equals £18.13 per hour PAYE. AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35**
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.