almost 2 years ago
EDS Technical Specialist - Gaydon - Permanent
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious EDS Technical Specialist. The successful EDS Technical Specialist will be working for a specialist harness manufacturer who are the market leader in Europe and one of the world's premier providers of standardized and customer-specific wiring systems for the automotive industry. You will receive all the benefits of a top employer committed to further development, and product innovation. As EDS Technical Specialist you would report to the Engineering Manager at Gaydon.
Your duties will include:
- Support introduction of new technology into Customer projects, in line with Customer requirements and the R&D Technology Roadmap
- Support core D&D teams working on Electro mobility, Autonomous Driving and Advanced Material Body Structure projects
- Promote objective within the customer base to be viewed as Full System Supplier
- Support development of new Customer projects at an Architecture level, including developing networks, power distribution and grounding strategy
- Support technical issues resolution on warranty, prototype builds, TVM and SDS
- Ensuring all new technology / initiatives comply with customer (SDS) and legislative requirements
- Support regular customer and technical reviews
- Ensuring that all new technologies / architectures meet Customer DFM requirements
- Support the development of process and toolsets to support the EDS integration process
- Develop close technical partnership with key Customer stakeholders include established and new Customers
- Educated to HND/degree level, or equivalent, in an Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline
- Proven track record in a technically challenging engineering role within a Customer facing environment
- High level of technical capability in the areas of Electro mobility and advanced technology and materials
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical/electronic systems including networks, power distribution and grounding strategy
- Have a sound understanding of harness manufacture.
- Excellent technical communication skills including report writing
- Prepared to travel overseas
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.