almost 2 years ago
Cyber Penetration Tester - Nuneaton - Permanent - Competitive Salary.
This role will include, but not be limited to, increasing the client's ethical and trusted automotive cybersecurity service offerings with specific focus on:
1) The development and delivery of automotive cybersecurity penetration testing and privacy assessment services.
2) Supporting the Vehicle Resilience team with complete automotive cybersecurity engineering and test service development/delivery with emphasis on a systems engineering approach:
- Threat and risk analysis
- Verification planning and management
- Automotive cybersecurity design, development and problem solving to ensure client product security
- Further develop our advanced Verification and Safety services and perform any associated new technology research and horizon scanning.
This technical role requires a highly motivated individual with experience in structured problem solving, advanced data manipulation / analysis, and new technology test and engineering methods.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of experience, knowledge and skills including:
Demonstrate technical expertise in all day-to-day activities with emphasis on the development and delivery of penetration testing from the point of view of an attacker, design for vulnerability resolution, and applying base knowledge to attacking new technologies as they are developed by the automotive industry.
- Proven ability to think like an attacker.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, tasking and accountability, service quality, and timely delivery
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the principles behind automotive cybersecurity design and its importance for complex technologies, along with a strong technical understanding of penetration test specifications and procedures
- Demonstrate technical delivery to include test plans, control plans, similar customer documentation
- Strong analytical, planning, organisational, and time management skills
- Proven background in process improvement and problem resolution projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear manner - presentation skills must be demonstrated
- Ability to train others, to enhance their skillsets with your knowledge
- Strong customer-facing communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially coding own penetration tools
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Understanding and generation of H,S & E / Risk Assessment requirements
A large part of this role will involve new service strategy, development, implementation and delivery tasks.
The role will therefore require the utilisation of a wide range of measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators / emulators, signal analysers, spectrum analysers, measurement receivers and more specific penetration and privacy test/assessment equipment.
A good working knowledge of computer science and electrical and electronic principles in conjunction with test equipment familiarity is essential.
A working knowledge of antennas, EM theory, wired and wireless link connectivity/technologies, systems engineering, and problem resolution will be a significant advantage.
High level entrants will have a hands-on working knowledge of wireless and wired penetration and privacy test and engineering methods / standards, and / or an understanding of new vehicle technologies, architectures, diagnostics and applicable test and engineering methods to assess and resolve their associated cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team to deliver customer and development programmes across multiple disciplines including EMC, Connectivity, Cybersecurity and Functional Safety for the automotive, off-highway, agricultural and military sectors.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential as liaison with both internal project managers and external customers occurs on a daily basis. Excellent time management and flexibility in working hours are essential. Attention to detail and an ability to plan and deliver complex work programmes, along with an understanding of the importance of data validation/visualisation are key.
Experience of non-automotive cybersecurity standards is essential.
A working knowledge of SAE J3061 will be an advantage.
Minimum 5+ years of experience in a relevant field covering many of the key functions detailed previously
Applicants with essential qualifications only must demonstrate 5-10 years of experience in a relevant field covering many of the key functions detailed previously.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply now, or email your CV