This role is for an experienced and highly motivated engineer to lead project planning, delivery, and verification activities for vehicle cyber security.
3 Key Skills:
1) Excellent project planning skills, including understanding of different project management techniques such as agile and waterfall.
2) Understanding of system and software engineering principals across the engineering 'V' lifecycle.
3) Strong communication and interpersonal skills, self confidence and a passion for quality.
- Experienced project planner with proven ability to manage complex projects incorporating multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Understanding of different project management techniques such as agile and waterfall, applied in a systems engineering or software environment.
- Understanding of system and software engineering principals across the 'V' lifecycle model.
- Highly motivated and self-starting individual with effective leadership and influencing skills. Strong organisational, project management and communication skills essential, including assertive behaviours where required to manage trade-offs between stakeholders.
- Confident communicating to stakeholders at all levels, including an ability to provide concise status summaries of complex issues.
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
- Degree in Electronics, Computer Science / Software, Automotive / Aerospace / Telecoms engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience.
- Must be eligible to work within the UK without sponsorship Experience in software architecture definition, preferably including AutoSAR and multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications, including specification, architecture design, implementation, build and integration process, test, release and maintenance.
- Specification authoring, requirements decomposition and change management, including software and software-hardware interface specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- Development and execution of software integration test.
- Awareness of Cyber Security principals and techniques beneficial, but strong candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered.
- Use of requirement and change management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, RTC, JIRA or similar.
- Understanding of vehicle architectures and networking technologies.
- Experience working with offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers.
- Understanding of verification and validation techniques for software basedsystems.