Job title: Cutter Grinder
Salary Range: £15ph+
Industry/ Strapline Aerospace/ Grinding/ Precision Engineering/ Tool Grinding
A Cutter Grinder is required with knowledge of various grinding machine operation skills and ability to work to tight tolerances. Candidates with experience of the precision engineering industry would be well received.
Due to company growth, a description based in Birmingham requires a tool cutter grinder with Jones and Shipman machine experience for a new permanent role. As a successful applicant you will be required to:
- Self-inspecting work against engineering drawings with various hand measurement tools.
- Maintain good housekeeping and ensure all routine daily machine maintenance is upheld, keeping health and safety and the machine is working optimally.
- Responsible for maintenance of all tools and cutters in the tool setting area.
- The manufacture of all form tools in line with the tool drawing or sample provided.
The Cutter Grinder should have the following skills or experience:
- Be able to operate grinding machinery in a precision environment, including surface grinders, CNC grinders or manual grinders.
- The operator must be from an engineering background with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the manufacture and repair of carbide and high-speed steel cutters and drills.
- Engineering Background with an ability to work to very tight tolerances.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of precision grinding with various machine backgrounds to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Birmingham-based aerospace company will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of precision grinding and varying machine operation background including Jones and shipman tool grinders or CNC grinding and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Cutter Grinding role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195.