- Sector: Additive Manufacturing
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61350
Attractive Salary + benefits
Our Client operate and innovate in more than 70 countries, serving customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. As a Customs Manager you will be responsible for co-ordinating and managing day-to-day Import and Export activities. Whilst this role is based in the UK the focus will be to coordinate customs activities across the region.
- Ensure that Stowmarket operations is aligned to the Client EMEA customs strategy.
- Manage changes to customs requirements and adapt the operations to meet these needs.
- Monitor data integrity, ensuring compliance with customs requirements.
- Audit operations in order to prove compliance.
- Oversee all 3rd party contracts for customs activities
- Manage shipments & transport management for both internal and external customers according to the agreed timelines, producing the relevant transport documentation.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all shipments in the required format and in a timely manner, including pre-invoicing checks and final reconciliation
- Liaise internally with the relevant Stowmarket, Milan and Customer Service teams to support imports and export activities.
- Detailed knowledge of export documentation and customs requirements.
- Understanding of customs requirements within the UK and Europe
- Excellent excel, reporting and data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel within the region to support Logistics and other teams as required, c.25% travel.
What you will Receive:
- Excellent support and development in your role.
- Attractive salary
- 9% pension (5% employee contribution)
- Medical cover
- Site bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.