Job Title: Customs Import Facilitator
An opportunity has arisen for a Customs Import Facilitator at the Stafford site of a leading off highways organisation. This position is responsible for handling daily import and customs activity with freight forwarders to ensure parts and product flow across international borders in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Interact with internal business partners regarding the flow of goods into the UK and resolve any discrepancies and compliance issues which may arise.
- Administration & Velocity
- Issuance of import instructions to freight forwarders/ customs brokers in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records for audit and trade compliance purposes: maintenance of daily imports documentation and register.
- Issuance of customer country of origin certificates.
- Review customs entries completed by brokers to ensure compliance.
- Remediate discrepancies to ensure the correct duty and VAT is paid to HMRC.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders daily and resolve any operational issues.
- Assist in the facilitation of communication between the facility and customs/ HMRC for entry discrepancies and remediation.
- Maintenance of internal customs compliance metrics and freight forwarder KPI's.
- Ensure duty savings are obtained for applicable Free Trade Agreement programmes.
Who are the key stakeholders for the role?
- Freight forwarders/ customs brokers
- Internal business partners - Material Planning, Purchasing.
- Integrity & trust
- Attention to detail/ data accuracy
- Priority setting
- Customer focus
- Building inclusive relationships
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Problem solving
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- IT literate - Excel skills a strong advantage
- Planning and organising skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Customer Focused
- Experience of working with a large organisation and the complexity this brings
- Experience of working within an organisation that buy/sell large volumes worldwide
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Understanding of incoterms
- Previous experience of working within an imports/export role
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.