£15 - 20 per hour
Up to £20.00 per hour (Umbrella/PAYE)
Contract - 6 months initial
A position has arisen within our clients Supply Chain team, working with the imports and exports department. The successful candidate will work within a small shipping team who are responsible, for supporting all shipping and customs compliance activity.
Working alongside a third party-customs provider, to make sure parts and products are managed properly and flow across borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements.
In addition, this role will support Sarbanes Oxley financial controls, in the area of freight pay and revenue recognition.
- Working with a third party customs provider to make sure the facility is HMRC compliant.
- Assist with machine and part shipments leaving the facility.
- Perform regular monthly assurance checks on duty suspension activity.
- Ensure duty relief authorisations are maintained and data is accurate.
- Perform monthly reporting of stock levels and highlight discrepancies.
- Ensure freight pay and revenue recognition procedures are compliant with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Support adhoc import and export queries.
- Basic understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation.
- Understanding of import, export, shipping and inventory transactions.
- Knowledge of MS products, including Power BI.
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
- Prior experience involving import and export declarations.
- Knowledge of the Ricardo Duty Management System or similar system.
- Educated to degree level, in a relevant discipline.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Suitable candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.