Job Title - Customs Compliance Administrator
Hourly rate - competitive
Location - Leicester
Industry - Off highway
An opportunity has arisen for a Customs Compliance Administrator, responisble for supporting customs compliance activity and operational audits to ensure that parts and product are managed properly and flow across borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will work within a small compliance team who are responsible for supporting the operational managers in the manufacturing business, to ensure processes, procedure and systems are compliant.
In addition, this role will support the audit of financial processes governed by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Perform regular monthly Import and Export Declaration audits, including report out of identified errors and timely follow-up remediation.
- Assist with the review and monitoring of Customs Tariff Classification processes
- Perform regular monthly assurance checks on the deferment statement and freight values applied to customs entries
- Support the operations team with the monthly reconciliation of financial Inventory records to stock held in the customs duty management system
- Perform monthly reporting of deferment duty allocations by division, for financial reporting purposes.
- Perform quarterly operational and financial audits over processes governed by Sarbanes Oxley, ensuring processes and documentation are adequate to address business and financial risk.
- Support adhoc queries and compliance activities alongside the team
Basic understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation
Understanding of risk management and controls environment
Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
Additional Useful Criteria
Prior experience in Audit or involvement in Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
Knowledge of the Ricardo Duty Management System or similar system
Qualified or Studying towards recognised Accounting Professional accreditation
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please speak to Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens.