£21.5k - 22k per year + pension, 24 days holiday plus bank
01384 446 174
Customs Clearance Coordinator
Permanent position within the Logistics industry.
Salary circa £21,500 plus benefits
Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5pm
Dynamic, modern freight and logistics business based in Redditch looking to recruit an organised and dedicated Administrator to work within their dedicated Brexit Team, working within Customs Clearance. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Administrator to focus within a fast-paced logistics business, right at the forefront of Brexit, Customs, import and export, delivering goods across the UK and Europe.
Within your role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Handling European and warehouse customs operations
- Speaking to customers, suppliers and other internal depts to assist them with their enquiries daily.
- Problem solving and proactively helping to manage the custom processes.
- Communicating with customers to extract the correct information and ease the passage of goods.
- Capturing, data-entry and validating master data, reporting any errors, and ensuring they are resolved prior to next customs submissions.
- Working closely with the customs agents, in particular Customs Clearance Consortium (CCC) to complete customs declarations and resolve queries.
- Communication with HMRC where necessary to ensure issues are reported and resolved to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Producing and managing adhoc/regular reports
As Customs Clearance Administrator, you will be expected to perform the below duties:
Take control of customs/border processes and customer data flow to fast support the movement of goods from A to B.
Key criteria you will be expected to maintain and exceed:
- Accuracy of the information captured.
- Understanding of the role
- Communication with others
- Escalation of any queries or issues
- System housekeeping
We are keen to see the below skills in the successful candidate:
- Good attention to detail
- Excel experience
- Customer service experience
- Sound knowledge of European transport or the wider logistics industry
- Customs experience would be an advantage but is not mandatory.
- Good communicator
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Ability to communicate and co-ordinate with the team and other departments.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.