Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £214 per day
over 1 year ago
A Customs Analyst is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Whitley, West Midlands.
The Customs Department is responsible for the compliant processing of goods through HM Revenue & Customs at various ports and airports and mitigating customs duty costs.
The Customs Analyst is responsible for:
- Analysing documentation relating to the arrival of goods and issuing instructions to various port/airport agents to enable the timely submission of data and clearance through HM Revenue & Customs border points.
- Checking documentation for accuracy and inputting data into dedicated customs systems for a major part of the role as is the maintenance of detailed audit trails.
- Preparation and submission of customs reports will also be required.
- Advising and Processing Import Clearance Operations using full frontier entry routines
- Compilation of Evidence for Vehicle Origin purposes
- Application of Customs Valuation/Assists
- Community Transit Operating various customs duty relief procedures such as; Inward Processing; Relief End Use; Temporary Imports Excise Duty; Drawback Customs Warehouse; Withdrawal schedules; Duty Liability Transfers
- A determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated who works with pace, energy and confidence
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, responds constructively to new ideas and input in a changing business environment
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A strong communicator who is able to communicate directly, clearly and openly
- An individual who is comfortable challenging all stakeholders with strong influencing and engagement skills
- In addition to analytical skills, the position requires data input to bespoke import systems and as such keyboard skills and a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Ability to multi-task in a reactive environment in order to meet critical time targets and to give and receive instructions to/from various external agencies at all levels.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing is essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative within project guidelines and to communicate at all levels, both internally within the company and external agencies/government departments.
- Awareness of commodity coding experience/knowledge gained in an import/export/customs environment would be a distinct advantage.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.