£12.00 - £18.00 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Up to £18.00 p/h Ltd
Seeking a Imports Analyst to work for one of the world's leading providers of diesel and gas engines.
As Imports Analyst you will support the import and customs procedures for goods imported into the UK.
The role is essential in ensuring that the importation of goods takes place promptly and efficiently.
- Timely action to respond to requests for Import agents and HMRC.
- It is key that imported goods are cleared quickly and that these goods are delivered to the Peterborough facility in such manner as to ensure that production schedules are not affected.
- Failure to undertake these tasks will lead to increased costs in terms of demurrage charges at ports/airports and will adversely affect production schedules.
- Operation of a Duty Management System (Ricardo) in accordance with H.M. Revenue & Customs (HMRC) requirements.
- Raise and send Import Instructions to Agents and ensure they are fully compliant with H.M. Revenue & Customs (HMRC) requirements.
- Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates and are fully compliant with H.M. Revenue & Customs (HMRC) requirements.
- Support the continued use of Customs Freight Simplified Process (CFSP) by ensuring that all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates.
- Supporting the Trade Compliance practices to ensure that these are complied with and maintained.
- Reconcile the Duty Deferment account to ensure that all entries showing on the account are validated.
- Reconcile the Import VAT charges to ensure that all such records are accurate and are apportioned correctly.
- Maintain the Imports Job Log so that accurate records are maintained for audit and trade compliance purposes.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvements by proactively reviewing processes to ensure that maximum efficiency and duty recovery is maintained and increased.
- Liaises with suppliers (and customers) shipping lines & haulers in connection with the movement of goods. Processes/finalises insurance claims as/if applicable under the Maritime Insurance Policy.
Key skills and experiences:
- Good communication skills. The job involves broad-based contact with overseas suppliers and external agencies in addition to a wide range of internal contacts.
- Ability to work as a member of a small team and also being able to interact effectively with the wider business is essential.
- Good organisational skills coupled with the ability to work to tight deadlines and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a mature, flexible outlook are sought after qualities.
- A positive approach with recognition of the need to focus on the requirements of customers (both internal and external)
This is a 6 month contract opportunity offering negotiable rates of pay and ideally seeking an immediately available candidate.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment to discuss further.