Our Client, a leading provider of CAE engineering software and solutions to a prestigious portfolio of global driveline industries, is looking for a Customer Support Engineer who willbe an integral part of a team dedicated to providing first class technical support.
The Customer Support Engineer will play a strategic role in building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential Global users enabling them to get the maximum technical benefit from their software investment. End users include leading brands suck as AxleTech, BorgWarner, David Brown Santasalo, Magna and Triumph.
* Providing industry-leading technical software support to end users, partners and resellers of Client software in accordance with company processes and quality standards
* Solving technical engineering problems using SMT software
* Communicating with end-users both verbally (telephone/skype/face-to-face) and in writing/email
* Supporting the Sales Team by providing support to evaluators and giving demonstrations of the software either in person or via web-meeting
* When suitably proficient, be actively involved in providing detailed technical training in the use and best practice of SMT software via online and face-to-face methods.
* Working alongside the Sales and Software Development Teams to ensure user requirements are captured for possible future software enhancement
While not essential, the following skills would be an advantage:
* Knowledge of Zendesk/Freshdesk or other help-desk platforms
* Experience of SMT MASTA or equivalent technical software including e.g. CAD and FE packages
* Experience of transmission / driveline design and analysis
* Experience of FE modelling in Ansys/Nastran/Abaqus or equivalent
* Preparing end-user technical documentation and/or training materials
* Experience of delivering technical training to end-user
* Fluency in German, Italian, Swedish to a technical level