£3k - 33k per year + Car, Bonus, Overtime, Pension, 25 days holiday
01384 446 174
about 1 year ago
Role: Customer Support Engineer, Field Based
Location: Swindon Region
Salary: £29,000 - £33,000 (+ Company Car), overtime potential, medical, pension, 25 days holiday, bonus and commission scheme
We are recruiting a Customer Support Engineer on behalf of our client. This global business is a leading manufacturer of coding and printing technologies. They are an established company with a client base that covers over 120 countries.
They are seeking a Customer Support Engineer to work with their service team, technical support team and sales team to ensure the highest service level is provided to all customers, crossing several industry sectors including FMCG, Pharma, and general engineering.
As Customer Support Engineer your role will involve carrying out field servicing, installations, repairs and preventative maintenance on the full range of company products. You will also maintain service and test Records along with providing technical support to UK customers as and when required. Further duties will include, but will not be restricted to:
- Providing feedback to assist the company in maintaining good customer relations and improving product design. This will include raising complaints where necessary and feeding back sales opportunities
- Producing a monthly report in the format determined by your Regional Service Manager.
- Ensuring continual accuracy of data in-putted in the PDA system.
- Attending regional service meetings.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent technical ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional customer care skills
- Ability to apply an analytical and logical approach to fault finding and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of electronic principles and circuit theory
- Understanding of microprocessor based products and software driven systems
- Basic understanding of fluid/hydraulic systems and/or printing technology
- Good understanding of customer satisfaction skills and techniques
- Practical knowledge of PC's and their application in an industrial environment
We are seeking candidates that have been used to working in a field based role, where you are the "company ambassadors" within your clients. We are therefore looking for candidates who have excellent professional and technical communication skills, who can work within a client to provide a first class service at all times.
This position will suit candidates who may be working in a high tech, electronic field base role, for example, medical devices, photocopying or electronics where you are providing an expert engineering service.
If you feel you can add value to the position, please apply or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.