Customer Quality Engineer - Automotive - Metal Pressing / BIW - £38,000 to £41,000 + 9% bonus + car
Working for a European supplier of sheet metal to the automotive industry, you will be responsible for providing support to UK OEMs and Tier 1 customers in the use and quality of product supplied. You will also have significant involvement in the development cycle of the OEM programs.
You will be part of a small team, representing the first line of support to the customer. The role will be varied and challenging, with no two days alike.
As the Customer Quality Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for containing, and managing investigation of customer concerns
- Supervise information flow between supplying plant and customer. Development and management of system for monitoring these concerns, associated 8d's and related costs is also entailed.
- You will support the OEM stamping tool development and buy-offs as required. Travel to Europe and occasionally beyond is essential, often at short notice.
- You will represent the company's interests in customer led cost-down and process improvement activities.
- Provide regular on-site support at the customer sites throughout the production life cycle and during new model launch phase.
As the Customer Quality Engineer you will require the following skills and experiences;
- Technical mind set with automotive engineering/quality experience is essential.
- Materials / engineering degree preferred, but not essential in lieu of good relevant experience.
- Materials knowledge and some understanding of automotive processes, from stamping, through body-in-white and paint would be beneficial.
- Good communicator; with the ability to write concise technical documents, and deliver well pitched presentations.
If you are interested in this exciting Customer Quality Engineer opportunity please click on the link to apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.