Job title: Customer Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £32,000 to £34,000
A Customer Quality Engineer is required with strong experience in a customer or supplier facing quality role. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Tier 1 automotive company based in Lichfield requires forward thinking Customer Quality Engineer with excellent knowledge of the core quality tools for a new permanent role.
As a Customer Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- Assures consistency of the companies Quality Indicators (customer PPM, complaints, etc) reported in QSS, with the indicators reported in the portals of the customer.
- Represents Plant Quality during the launch of new programs.
- Responsible for the approval of initial samples and coordination of the change management.
- Drives the customer complaint resolution process, the follow up of related action plans and ensures robustness of the QRCI 8D- process. Uses QSS for transparent tracking of the problem solving.
- Organizes and/or participates to technical meetings with the customer (technical problem solving, progress plans, Kaizen activities).
- Tracks all warranty claims in order to increase customer satisfaction and reduce warranty cost.
- Performs audits at the customer assembly line to check the adequate use of our products.
- Follows customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction by monitoring closely customer audit/ product audit results, customer incidents and applies appropriate procedures to measure/ to report customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to include all important aspects for the customer in the product audit check list and to agree boundary samples where necessary.
- Is responsible to perform internal audits (like CONTROL PLAN, 8 Quality Basics “FLYER”, CIQ) to detect deviations to standards and too coordinate on- time elimination of identified weaknesses.
- Preserves physical initial samples and boundary samples – if applicable - (accepted by the Customer or the Plant Quality Manager) and archives the initial samples approval files.
- Defines and updates the inspection instructions according to the control plan (e.g. Final Inspection instructions, OK 1st part check sheets, SPC- charts).
- Approves the Standardized Work Instructions on the production lines and thus ensure that all necessary inspections are included, the necessary time is allocated in the standardized work sheets and that the related measuring equipment is available and meets technical requirements (e.g. R&R study, etc).
- Support of the production supervisors in the implementation of the 8 Quality Basics.
- Active participation in the UAP QRCI and sustain the rigorous application of the method.
- Has the responsibility and authority to stop nonconforming products, shipment and/or production.
The Customer Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Product audits and process audits (preferably VDA 6.3)
- GD&T knowledge
- ISO norms (preferably ISO/TS 16949)
- PPAP / APQP
- ERP (preferably SAP)
- Statistical Process Control tools
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Customer Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.