over 1 year ago
Customer Oriented Engineer - R00001499
A Customer Oriented Engineer is required with experience of data analysis.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Customer Oriented Engineer with understanding of future technologies within the automotive industry for a new contract role. As a Customer Oriented Engineer you will be required to:
- Identify European unique customer scenes.
- Establish detailed European customer requirements for future automotive systems / technologies.
- Analyse European automotive market and customers to identify unmet needs and help develop potential solutions.
- Propose / Set performance targets for future systems through static and dynamic benchmarking & customer clinics.
- Make accurate and clear feedback to the Design & Test departments to ensure the European requirements are clearly understood, so that suitable solutions can be developed / engineered.
- Analyse customer surveys / market data to confirm performance of competitor models & technologies. Identify areas of improvement and understand customer requirements to feed into future models.
- Evaluate technologies / features during the Advanced Development phase to confirm their suitability for the European market.
- Analyse current market trends, and predicting future trends in the automotive industry.
The Customer Oriented Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree level education.
- Customer focused, with an understanding of the European automotive market / environment.
- Experience in preparing simple and concise reports, and delivering clear presentations to a wider audience, using suitable facts and data.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability in researching and proposing future requirements / solutions.
- Able to respond to changing demands speedily.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for communicating across all regions of the business, in Europe, UK and Japan.
- Ideally have vehicle engineering experience.
- An in depth knowledge of mainstream competitor vehicles and an understanding of future technologies coming to the automotive industry (E.g. Autonomous Drive, User Experience) is preferable.
If you have any questions about the Customer Oriented Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship